Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an Alignment Engineer to help us manufacture our lighter than air flight vehicles.
- Operates industrial metrology software and hardware
- Interprets engineering drawings, procedures, and CAD files to oversee alignment operations
- Creates and maintains digital assets necessary for alignment operations
- Develops novel approaches to new and ongoing alignment tasks
- Is responsible for alignment planning, data preparation, review, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Participates in problem solving and corrective action
- Writes and updates alignment procedures and trains technicians to perform them
- Assists and guides alignment technicians in the execution of planned operations
- Ensures that all metrology equipment receives regular maintenance and stays in working order
- Ensures that assembly jigs, their components, and required tools remain organized
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- Knowledge and training to define, analyze, and solve engineering problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate various groups (and equipment) in alignment efforts
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Ability to work at heights up to 20 feet or more and in cramped spaces
- Capable of lifting and transporting up to 50 pounds
- Capable of sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan
- Company-paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Flexible generous time off + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- $50 wellness stipend each month
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.