Akron, Ohio /
Operations – Fabrication /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an experienced Machinist to help us refine and produce custom parts for our manufacturing efforts.
- Collaborate with operations & engineering teams to refine designs and create parts that will function for the desired application
- Work with operations & engineering managers to determine machine shop priorities according to deadlines and production needs
- Determine what jobs are appropriate to outsource or produce in house
- Maintain machine shop equipment and request third party service when necessary
- Project future machinery needs and work with the appropriate internal and external parties to acquire equipment as needed
- Responsible for restricting and monitoring access to all machine equipment, including following lock-out tag-out procedures, when machines are not in use
- Take additional direction from the Director of Operations to reach specific production goals and assist as needed
- Enforce company safety policies and report any violations to the Director of Operations immediately
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience operating a CNC machine, mill, lathe, grinder, and other manual equipment
- Strong working knowledge of machine shop production and equipment/machinery maintenance needs
- Must be able to run Mastercam or equivalent CAM software
- Expertise with g-code and CNC programming and setup
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Capable of lifting and transporting up to 50 pounds
- Capable of sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Capable of performing repetitive actions that include grasping, bending, and twisting
- Background check clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.