Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with a background in aerospace to help design our lighter-than-air flight vehicles.
- Create electrical drawings and schematics and help with the integration process
- Own PCB schematic and drive board layout, assembly and testing
- Design, build, and testing of the necessary hardware for the electrical systems (interface circuit boards, data acquisition boards, pre-charge circuits, etc.)
- Integration of the hardware into the electrical systems
- Participate in testing of the integrated electrical systems
- Collaborate with mechanical and firmware engineering teams to successfully design, build, and validate the developed systems
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Electronics/Power Electronics
- Proficient at reading schematics and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, etc.)
- Experience in PCBA design and integration into assemblies
- Experience in Altium or Eagle PCBA design
- Experience with EMI/EMC and electrical signal integrity
- Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics
- History of start to finish ownership of hardware (design, prototype, and validation)
- Experience using harness design tools and proficiency in reading schematics and drawings
- Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for aerospace applications
- Awareness of certification requirements for power converters in the aerospace industry, and experience designing for the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of basic control theory
- Experience in implementing different automotive and aerospace communication protocols (CAN, RS232, RS422, RS485 etc)
- Experience in design and build of power electronics converters (buck, boost, flyback, etc.)
- Experience in the development of digital and analog interfaces for PC-based systems, especially (Labview, Matlab, Python)
Physical & Compliance Requirements
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Criminal background check clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
- Drug test clearance wherever applicable
What We Offer!
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan (100% premium paid for individuals, ~70% for dependents)
- Company-paid life, AD&D, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- Mental health benefit
- Fun events, swag, and the occasional airship ride
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
LTA Research & Exploration welcomes all candidates to apply including those with limited experience. We understand that candidates with a growth mindset and passion for working on the next chapter in aviation advancement can outweigh experience alone. We celebrate diverse origins and journeys and understand their importance in developing new technology. Rooted in our humanitarian mission, we want to serve the entire globe and have a team that represents those we wish to serve.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.