Sunnyvale, California /
Engineering – Mechanical /
We're seeking a motivated Thermal Engineer to help build a revolutionary ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle in Sunnyvale, CA. You will work within a dynamic engineering and design team to help plan, conceptualize, rapidly prototype, test and implement innovative solutions for the thermal management of experimental flight vehicle subsystems. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight systems development with the motto "build a little, test a little, learn a lot.” This unique position allows for hands-on contributions through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle.
- Responsible for airship electronics cooling systems:
- Basic skills in designing heat exchangers, pumps, and fans
- Ideally will have aerospace experience; lightweight and reliable
- Air and liquid-based systems
- Management of supply chain
- Familiar with off-the-shelf automotive components
- Integrating systems in carbon composite structures
- Conduct experiments on prototype systems
- Familiarity with instrumentation, data collection, and analysis
- Interaction with senior management, engineers, Avionics, and A&P Mechanics
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- Self-starter with a history of project ownership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Should be able to perform lightweight physical activities relating to supervision of construction of a flight vehicle
- Criminal background check clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
- Drug test clearance wherever applicable
LTA Research & Exploration welcomes all candidates to apply including those with limited experience. We understand that candidates with a growth mindset and passion for working on the next chapter in aviation advancement can outweigh experience alone. We celebrate diverse origins and journeys and understand their importance in developing new technology. Rooted in our humanitarian mission, we want to serve the entire globe and have a team that represents those we wish to serve.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.