Manager of Ground Operations
Akron, Ohio /
Flight Operations /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even speed up humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that, when used for shipping goods and moving people, would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation.
We’re seeking a Manager of Ground Operations with experience in the research and development of flight vehicles in Akron, OH. In order to help advance our goal of bringing revolutionary airships to life, the Manager of Ground Operations will work directly with appropriate company personnel to develop and oversee a rapidly growing Airship Ground Operations department.
- Managing team (expanding to 30+ people), including hiring and personnel allotment/scheduling
- Arranging and overseeing contract agreements involving oversize vehicle transportation and airport construction
- Coordinating logistics of people, vehicles, and airships with numerous variables involved
- Delegating, monitoring, and supervising simultaneous projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Directing the development of airship manuals, procedures, and related documents
- Building a fleet of 15+ vehicles, including oversize, tanker, and hazmat; overseeing the fleet program management
- Collaborating and effectively communicating with Engineering and Flight Operations teams
- Ensuring safe operations and compliance with health & safety policies and DOT regulations
- Traveling regularly to California and traveling frequently during airship operations
- Prior management experience
- Background in logistics
- Previous aviation or airship experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Program Manager Certificate preferred
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets) and other basic technology
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in an organized, professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, create solutions, and meet deadlines with little oversight
- Ability to perform lightweight physical activities related to airship operations
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions and various types of terrain
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.