Embedded Software Engineering Co-Op
Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineering Co-Op student to work full time at our Akron, OH facility in either the spring semester or the summer semester of 2022.
- Assist with development of flight hardware and software of UAVs
- Interface with sensors using CAN, RS232, RS485
- Develop on ARM based microcontrollers
- Work on cross-disciplinary projects, supporting and providing feedback to other engineering teams
- Create software and hardware-based unit tests
- Develop creative solutions to unique aerospace problems
- Handle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Work within a complex, fluid, and fast-paced work environment
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and team collaboration skills
- Experience with PCs & Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Ability to work on both individual projects and multidisciplinary projects
- Hands-on experience with engineering design teams, lab research, or other prior work experience
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Arduino or ARM/PIC microcontrollers
- Ability to read a schematic
- Ability to use basic electrical development tools such as oscilloscope, signal generator, and multimeter
- C, C++, Python, C#, Unix experience
Physical & Compliance Requirements
- Background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.