Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a background in aerospace to help design our lighter-than-air flight vehicles.
- Detailed design and layout of aircraft components, systems, and ground support/assembly equipment
- Creates CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, to support manufacturing, testing, and assembly of aerospace or support structures
- Perform hand calculations and/or software analysis to verify design integrity
- Provide manufacturing support including development of processes by designing and/or modifying fixtures for fabrication, assembly, or system integration
- Prepare and present technical reports and other documentation for review by senior team members, vendors, contractors, or other involved parties
- Responsible for the complete lifecycle of their project(s), from inception and conceptual design to assembly, integration, and testing
- Supports any other design and manufacturing needs as requested by the Director of Operations
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing CAD models and detailed drawings for manufacturing
- Experience designing in the aerospace or lighter-than-air industries preferred
- Extensive experience using SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM for configuration management
- Experience performing hand calculations and software analysis to verify design integrity
- Experience using FEMAP or SolidWorks Simulation for structural analysis a plus.
- Experience designing aerospace or transportation structures preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive Suites for documentation, presentation, and collaboration
- Understanding of basic manufacturing concepts and processes
- Criminal background check clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
- Drug test clearance wherever applicable
What We Offer!
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan (100% premium paid for individuals, ~70% for dependents)
- Company-paid life, AD&D, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- Mental health benefit
- Fun events, swag, and the occasional airship ride
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
LTA Research & Exploration welcomes all candidates to apply including those with limited experience. We understand that candidates with a growth mindset and passion for working on the next chapter in aviation advancement can outweigh experience alone. We celebrate diverse origins and journeys and understand their importance in developing new technology. Rooted in our humanitarian mission, we want to serve the entire globe and have a team that represents those we wish to serve.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.