Aerospace Engineering Co-Op/Internship
Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Co-Op student to work in Spring and Summer 2022. This is an in-person position.
- Use SolidWorks CAD to design and develop models and bring them to completion
- Manage mechanical and/or electrical engineering designs from conception to implementation
- Design, test and build by hand a variety of mechanical and/or electrical engineering products
- Develop creative solutions to unique aerospace problems
- Handle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Work within a complex, fluid, and fast-paced work environment
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering (preferred), or another relevant engineering field
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and team collaboration skills
- Experience with PC’s & Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Hands-on experience with engineering design teams, lab research, or other prior work experience
- Experience with designing in SolidWorks or a similar CAD program
- Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of diverse scope in imaginative and practical ways, and to evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Background check clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.