Quality Control Technician (Contract)
Gardnerville, Nevada /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircrafts with zero emissions that, when used for shipping goods and moving people, would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation.
We are seeking a Quality Control Technician to work with our dynamic team of engineers, designers, and technicians to inspect for systems installations, incoming and outgoing inspections, and in-process inspections using tool gauges. This will be a 6 month contract.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports
- Review raw and assembled materials for incoming, in-process, and outgoing inspections
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment and coordinating calibration activities, respectively
- Perform inspections across all stages of of production
- Prepare and maintain test data for review
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns
- Attention to detail
- Able to work while standing for 8 hours a day
- Able to take measurements and fill out paperwork accurately
- Inspect raw materials and packaging
- Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time
- Previous quality inspection experience preferred
- Experience issuing non-conformances
What We Offer!
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
- Growth potential
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan
- Parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) matching
- Commuter benefits
- Lunch and snacks provided
- Wellness Stipend
- Education Stipend
- Background check clearance
- Drug test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.