Harness Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, California /
LTA Research and Exploration, an aerospace start-up, is seeking a motivated harness design engineer to help build an experimental ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. You will work within a dynamic engineering and design team to conceptualize, rapidly prototype, test, and implement innovative solutions for the design, fabrication, and assembly of large experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight hardware development with the motto "build a little, test a little, learn a lot". This unique position allows for hands-on participation through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle.
We are seeking a mission-driven, passionate harness design engineer to help design and integrate complex harness systems on the flight vehicle.
- Design complex harnesses for various electrical components of an experimental flight vehicle
- Collaborate with electrical team to identify and document harness and connection requirements
- Collaborate with mechanical team to identify and produce harness routing paths in 3D CAD software
- Maintain and update the master list of system connections and component libraries
- Design and maintain harness drawings, from schematic level to manufacturing drawings
- Support troubleshooting and testing of harnesses and electrical subsystems
- Participate in harness installation on flight vehicle
- Create ICDs and other technical documentation
- BS in electrical engineering or related field with a solid understanding of electrical systems design
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge in industry-standard harness design practices and software
- Experience in harness packaging, manufacturing, and debugging
- Experience working with power delivery on high and low voltages
- Self-starter with a history of project ownership
- Experience in Solidworks, Solidworks Electrical, Enterprise Harness
- Familiarity with various communication standards such as RS485, Ethernet, or CAN Bus
- Familiarity with aircraft wiring best practices, mil-aero components, and part numbers
- Familiarity with tooling and supply chain for harness manufacturing
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.