Akron, Ohio /
LTA Research and Exploration, an aerospace start-up, is seeking a motivated HR Manager to help empower our Akron, OH workforce as we build a revolutionary ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. Our approach to flight hardware development is encompassed by the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot”. This unique position will allow you to grow and be challenged as you continue your career in Human Resources. Our ideal candidate is someone who is analytical, well-rounded, and employee centric. We acknowledge that these characteristics are possessed by people from different backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage applicants to apply who have experience outside of traditional HR.
- Trusted business partner working with the Operations and Engineering teams to meet company goals and objectives
- Partner with Corporate HR on the administration of benefit, HR analytics and compensation plans
- Manage employee inquiries and respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, programs, and policies
- Development and train various management on progressive discipline, interviewing techniques, business acumen, and employee/labor relations
- Partner with corporate HR on all recruiting efforts (managing staffing agencies, building relationships with local educational programs, and developing strategies for recruiting initiatives)
- Drive a positive employee experience throughout the entire onboarding process
- Maintain all systems related to HR and Recruiting, including our HRIS, ATS, employee files, and Performance Management
- 3+ years of experience in HR Operations, Benefits, Recruiting, Compliance, Performance Management, or Employee Relations
- Or, 3+ years of experience in a line management, law, or academia
- Comfortable with implementing and continuously improving processes in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Fundamental understanding of local and federal employment laws
- Familiarity with multiple HRIS, ATS, and common integrations
- PHR/SHRM-CP or other HR Certification
- Exposure to the Aviation/Aerospace vertical
- Background working at a small to mid-sized start-up in a high growth stage
- Experience with staffing agencies/high volume recruiting
- Familiarity with reporting, data analytics, and visualization
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.