Facilities Maintenance Technician
Akron, Ohio /
Operations – Facilities /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician to support our efforts by keeping our facilities clean, organized and in good shape.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all facilities with appropriate tools and supplies
- Operate cleaning equipment (vacuums, industrial floor scrubbers, etc.) as necessary
- Operate a forklift to perform regular trash removal and transport inventory, equipment, office furniture, and other items between and within facilities
- Organize facilities and equipment according to the 5S philosophy - Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- Request and maintain stock of essential cleaning supplies
- Perform small facilities repairs by hand or using small hand tools
- Notify the Director of Facilities of any items or problems encountered that require further attention
- Assist the Director of Facilities with any other tasks relating to the maintenance of the facilities and grounds as needed
- Complete all cleaning and maintenance tasks in a regular and timely manner according to schedules
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 yrs experience operating a forklift
- Forklift certification
- High standards of cleanliness
- Able to follow verbal & written instructions with attention to detail
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
- Background check clearance
- Drug test clearance
- Able to lift 50 lbs
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan
- Company-paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Flexible generous time off + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- Mental health benefit
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.