Director of Stakeholder Management
New York, New York
LTSE – Institute
Hiring Manager: Michelle Greene, President, The Long-Term Stock Exchange
Modern companies measure progress over decades, not financial quarters. Investors who invest long term want to know not just how companies plan to produce value in the next quarter but for years to come. Employees, customers, suppliers, and communities count on companies to uphold their commitments and to do right by society.
With software and services, a U.S. national securities exchange, and a coalition of companies and investors, LTSE supports companies that are built to last and investors who measure their horizons in decades and value companies accordingly.
Our vision is a public market that supports investment, experimentation and scaling that companies can use to find continuous success; one that can open the way for innovation and value creation far into the future.
The Long-Term Stock Exchange (LTSE) is building a team of diverse professionals in fields that span technology, finance, regulation, and law. Lead LTSE investors include Founders Fund, Collaborative Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Uprising, and Initialized. Founded by Eric Ries, an entrepreneur, New York Times-bestselling author, and the creator of the Lean Startup methodology.
Our mission is audacious - to change the capital markets and the role of corporations in society. We believe that enabling companies to operate in an ecosystem focused on long-term value creation will provide benefits to the company, its stakeholders, and society more broadly. We want to be leading the conversations and making the change. As the Director of Stakeholder Management, you will play a critical role in helping to ensure this happens.
The Director of Stakeholder Management will develop a strategic and programmatic approach to managing relationships with our core constituents and lay the foundation for our in-house research capabilities to track the impact of our work. This individual will also help ensure the smooth functioning of the internal team to facilitate appropriate external engagement, including taking responsibility for special projects related to stakeholder engagement as needed. This individual will develop a deep familiarity with long-termism, corporate governance, and the various reforms we are championing in our new ecosystem. They will serve as a thought partner to team members on how and what we prioritize, engaging the appropriate internal and external experts as needed.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Excited about our mission and contributing to it.
- Champion of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Highly organized.
- A strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Highly flexible and resilient.
- Project management oriented.
- A talented relationship builder.
- A skilled researcher.
- Familiar with exchanges, the financial system and/or the “long-term” movement/literature - or eager and able to learn quickly.
- 8-10 years of experience or equivalent preferred.
Reasons you might be a great fit:
- You are passionate about creating change in our financial system.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high stakes work environment.
- You relish the opportunity to work across sectors - non-profit, government, corporate, academia - to drive societal change.
- People. Work in a mission-based company with skilled, committed, and supportive teammates who share your desire to create a new kind of public market.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- A commitment to a sustainable work environment, including a vacation policy that requires team members take vacation.
- Competitive and flexible early startup compensation package.
LTSE is committed to championing the inclusion of women and underrepresented employees at the earliest stages of the company’s life. We believe that inclusion is a team effort, and every team member is expected to participate in building a welcoming and representative culture.
LTSE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We enthusiastically work to make our application and interview processes accessible for candidates with disabilities; for any support please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org.