Tech/Product – Technology
The Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer will be responsible for the full life cycle of design and development of BI solutions including data warehouses, cube, data marts, data lakes, integrations, and reporting components.
- Interact with various business units and tech teams to gather requirements
- Design, develop, test and deploy business intelligence solutions
- Design and document data structures/models and data flows
- Ensure data quality, completeness and accuracy
- Provide significant contributions to the growth of our data infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members in code reviews, discovering better practices and patterns and continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot and support existing business intelligence solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience in business intelligence, data engineering, data warehousing, or a similar field.
- Have extensive experience with Python
- Strong SQL experience including advanced query concepts and query performance tuning
- Have experience with Cloud technologies (AWS is preferred)
- Have experience integrating data from multiple data sources and have processed large amounts of unstructured and structured data
- Proven analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Experience with standard star schema design and development concepts, including fact table types, grain levels, and SCDs is preferred
- Have knowledge of multiple database programming languages and knowledge of relational and columnar databases
- Knowledge of MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS) and Power BI
- Experience working with global remote teams is preferred
- Comfortable with Linux
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know