Tech/Product – Technology
Lucid is the world's largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in New York, London, Sydney and Gurgoan,
Lucid seeks an exceptional leader as the VP of Engineering to help oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. This individual will be someone who understands how to design software platforms to accelerate product development. You will bring your expertise to help scale Lucid’s products technically as we move into new geographic markets, new platforms and new verticals. The VP, Engineering will report directly into the CTO.
- Implement the strategy, technology, process and human capital capable of supporting scalable, functional and reliable products
- Provide leadership, maintaining visibility and accessibility, building relationships and promoting communication within teams by conducting regular team meetings and one-on-one sessions encouraging an open exchange of ideas and information.
- Form strong cross-functional partnerships to achieve alignment with engineering teams and ensure our solutions meet their needs
- Work with executive team to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues that may impact departmental strategies.
- Focus on innovation, emerging technologies and making recommendations on the strategic use of technology for leveraging business results.
- Develop complex infrastructural projects and executeContribute to the rollout of a roadmap that is highly performant, capable of scale, while identifying potential areas of risk while meeting business and technology needs.
- Assess product development trade-offs, finding creative solutions to problems, and establishing and meeting delivery schedules
- Working with peers to develop and implement long-term architectural direction.
- 10+ years of experience in an Engineering Leadership position
- Demonstrated experience leading a globally distributed, cross-functional organization in excess of 50 people
- Extensive experience scaling infrastructure systems
- Experience working with open source technologies (i.e. Node.js)
- Handled distributed systems deployed across multiple geographic regionsPromote engineering discipline and performance management on backend services
- Understanding of B2B marketplace environments at scale
- A compelling leadership style that includes exceptional people management skills, program management, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires confidence, attracts, retains, and motivates top tier engineers to do their best work
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.