Senior Software Engineer
Tech/Product – Technology
Lucid is the world’s largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making – about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in New York, London, Sydney and Gurgaon.
Lucid is looking for an experienced engineer to join our rapidly growing technology team. This position will help scale our business, drive innovation throughout the organization and develop our next generation of products.
You will be designing and implementing APIs, working with large scale datasets and building high-volume, consumer facing services at the forefront of the Market Research and Ad Tech industries.
- Design and develop scalable services that are high-availability and low-latency
- Work closely with our Product team to gather requirements and develop solutions
- Write elegant, readable code and documentation
- Support the Production Engineering team with continuous delivery
- Develop libraries and tools leverageable by our entire tech team
- Accurately estimate your deliverables and work with Product on release timing
- Mentor other developers and provide technical leadership
- Experience taking multiple projects from conception to production
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Monitor shipped features for success and issues
- Design and develop at the correct level of abstraction for the task at hand
- Experience debugging, profiling, and optimizing high performance code
- Strong communication skills
- Development of optimal data access patterns
- Experience with Go, Python and/or Node.js
- Schema design, data modeling and extensive experience with SQL
- Knowledge of horizontally scalable data stores (Cassandra, ElasticSearch...)
- Understanding of best practices around code testing and peer review
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.