Senior Tax Analyst
New Orleans /
Lucid Corporate – Accounting /
Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Singapore, Gurgaon, Prague, and Hamburg.
Lucid is seeking an experienced Tax Analyst to join its global tax compliance team. Lucid’s tax department manages compliance for a fast paced, rapidly growing market-research technology company across eight different countries. The position will require organized, detail-oriented candidates that can independently manage internal processes, while also facilitating timely project completion with external team members.
- Work with external, global compliance team in fulfilling information requests for provisions, quarterly estimates, returns, and state & federal R&D tax credits for domestic and international jurisdictions
- Assist with accounting for income taxes in accordance with GAAP in booking annual provision and periodic tax payment activity, as well as monthly general ledger reconciliations for tax balance sheet accounts
- Prepare sales tax workpapers and returns, while also verifying and auditing transactional activity on a regular basis (subject to compliance needs)
- Work with external global transfer pricing team in fulfilling information requests for preparation of global transfer pricing studies for international entities.
- Work with the accounting team to provide tax supporting workpapers for domestic and international financial statement audits and trial balance conversions
- Respond to U.S. federal, state, and local tax notices
- Work with external compliance team to prepare and review periodic VAT/GST returns for international entities
- Prepare and assist with property tax returns, while coordinating with IT & accounting on the location and tracking of company assets
- Manage the timely filing and storage of annual reports, state registrations, 1099’s, 3921’s, 6166’s, W-8’s, W-9’s, and other miscellaneous filings as required
- Assist with and provide support during any tax audits, as needed
- Work in unison with inter-departmental team members, such as accounting, legal, finance, payroll, and human resources to resolve tax-related issues
- Manage special tax and compliance projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in corporate tax compliance from a combination of both public accounting & private industry level positions
- Sales/use tax experience is a plus, as well as other private tax related experience
- Ability to research, analyze, summarize, and communicate complex tax issues using tax research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Optimistic, driven self-starter with an ability to prioritize and complete multiple requests timely in a dynamic work environment
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.