Associate Staff Attorney
Lucid – Lucid
Lucid is the world’s largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making – about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in New York, London, Sydney and Gurgaon.
The Lucid Legal team operates out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. The position will be based in Minneapolis, but remote employment is a consideration. Currently, the team consists of a Privacy & Compliance Counsel and Corporate Counsel reporting to the General Counsel. Lucid’s headquarters is located in New Orleans, LA with offices in New York City, London, India, Australia, and more. Occasional travel between offices is required.
The candidate will report to and work closely with our General Counsel and Corporate Counsel, and collaborate with other members of the Lucid Compliance, Sales, Finance, and HR teams and other employees, to help define, create, and edit legal documents and contracts to protect Lucid and help move the business forward. The candidate will (1) assist the Corporate Counsel in developing legal operation workflows and processes, (2) review vendor contracts and all third party NDAs, (3) organize and track all contracts, (4) be responsible for summarizing and tracking all contractual obligations, and (5) identify and resolve any compliance issues in states and foreign countries. Must have Law Degree and a license to practice in Minnesota. Experience writing and editing contracts and NDAs is needed.
This role will partner with and advise business teams globally with an emphasis on negotiation of commercial transactions, partner relationships, and procurement transactions. This position will also engage in the contract management and operational process issues as we implement a new contract management system. You will participate in establishing best practices and optimizing the contract process.
- Participate as a key legal advisor on major business transactions, including software and services sales.
- Develop structures to the company’s internal legal function and staff.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate contracts.
- Ensures the company conducts its business according to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Fosters a workplace with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- JD degree and license in Minnesota (Required)
- Software and technology background (Preferred)
- Service contract experience (Preferred)
- Data privacy and information security experience (Preferred)
- Market research and sample experience (Preferred)
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.