Sr.Director/Director, Data Science
Tech/Product – Tech/Product
Lucid is the world's largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Gurgaon and Brazil (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro).
As Senior Director, Data Science, you will work collaboratively with product, engineering and the business to lead and define the standards for Lucid’s Audience Measurement business. This includes product analyses, validation, standards, and development of best practices. Ultimately, you are accountable for developing and maintain research methods that align Lucid capabilities with market claims and acceptable standards of measurement. You may also participate in driving thought leadership for the industry overall, and will have opportunities to present findings at relevant customer forums on behalf of Lucid.
- Supports prototyping and pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas include but not limited to trend analyses, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization, as well as working with different data sources.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new audience measurement methodologies.
- Develops and automates methodologies in Python (and/or R), and implement required methodological refinements in reporting and analytic systems.
- Independently executes analytic activities supporting methodology design (e. g. data fusion, weighting/projection, statistical modeling, and technical research) and identifies/ recommends process improvements.
Role Requirements, E=essential, P=preferred.
- E=Masters degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Operations Research, or other hard sciences (e. g. Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise
- E- Experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting large data sources
- E- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- E- Experience in predictive modeling, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), data aggregation techniques, trend analysis, automation, generalization, algorithms.
- E- Proficient in Python (as statistical package tool) and/or R
- E - Proficient in SQL and working with large-scale databases
- P-Experience in media measurement and digital attribution
- P-Experience in online survey methodologies
- P- Experience employing causal inference methods
- P- Experience utilizing high-level programming languages (e. g. Python)
- P- Experience working with big data technologies (e. g. Spark) and/or machine learning
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.