Industrial Engineering Program Manager
Newark, CA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Industrial Engineering Program Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Operational Excellence and will be responsible for implementing the Lucid Production System and developing a lean manufacturing culture, including taking the lead role in preventing waste and inefficiency in production processes while maintaining a high utilization rate of people and equipment.
The Industrial Engineering Program Manager will also lead projects to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet high quality standards. They will design, develop and maintain tools, systems, and trainings needed to optimize process flow, efficiency, labor, and space. .
- Support Manufacturing to ensure production schedule, cycle time, utilization rates, and cost objectives are met
- Develop and maintain headcount plans based on forecasts, with consideration of changes to volume, model mix, automation integration, and work content
- Design business systems to effectively capture and visualize factory performance, including all relevant metrics
- Create cascading, departmental performance targets based on company and site objectives
- Analyze data to identify focused opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity, utilization, and quality
- Develop problem-solving and continuous improvement tools and systems to optimize employee engagement and factory performance
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Generate, publish, and present reports to senior leadership
- Support impact assessments related to proposed changes to design and process
- BS in Industrial Engineering or 5-7 years of related experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- Lean manufacturing principles, with proven successes resulting from their application
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality controls, logistics, and other areas of manufacturing
- Knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- I.E. techniques such as time studies, data analysis, capacity analysis, lean activities, presentation development, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.