Senior Hardware Design Engineer Control and Connectivity Electronic
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Hardware Design Engineer for our connected-vehicle electronic control system. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in automotive controls electronics and high-speed network communication hardware design for in-house product development. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields and possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in defining in-vehicle network architecture
- Specify, design and develop electronic control hardware for various vehicle functions such as vehicle control, body control, telematics etc. from scratch
- Have excellent EE fundamentals; be able to perform system design includes analog and digital circuits, DC/DC, microprocessors as well as industry bleeding edge technologies for future EVs.
- Perform board design, prototype build, bring-up, functional verification, DVT, PVT and manufacturing support
- Create rigorous testing and validation plans to fully support technology transitions from R&D concepts through to production.
- Automotive-grade product design experience
- System architecture experience and building embedded electronic systems ranging from micro controllers to high-end processors
- Industry experience in automotive electronics development process for mass volume production design, with focus on DFx (test & manufacturing), EMC/ESD compliance, PPAP and DFMEA
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, plus at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in high speed network communication: Ethernet (Gigabit or faster)
- Experience in digital and RF integration (LTE, GNSS, WIFI, BT & V2X)
- Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.