Sr. Launch Controls Engineer, Powertrain
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Powertrain /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid Motors is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Launch Controls Engineer to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment where you will work with highly motivated teams that are dedicated to world-class quality standards on extremely challenging projects.
- Programming, troubleshooting, and preparation of robots to Powertrain specifications and cell implementation.
- Perform robot debug and commission activities on shop floor.
- Perform PLC debug and commission activities on shop floor.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications.
- Work closely with external equipment integrators and internally with Product Design Engineering, Quality, Production, and Maintenance
- Develop and implement software designs from functional specifications utilizing Allan Bradley and other software packages.
- Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications and technical documentation.
- Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer depending on the severity of the problem.
- Comply with and enforce all company and customer safety policies.
- Drive standardization across all Powertrain manufacturing lines and processes.
- Support initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
- Architect, write and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- PLC code will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, machine vision, and 3rd party equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servos.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability and yield.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering
- Majors in Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems
- Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA)
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment: Ladder logic PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and RSLogix 5000).
- Safety PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SmartGuard, Omron, Pilz).
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI - AB Panel view, FactoryTalk, LabView, Ignition)
- Field bus Networks (AB DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, Safety rated field bus networks)
- Serial communication (RS-232) between PLCs and instruments
- Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in programming PLCs. Must have a well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization. Ability to program state machines for complex processes which involve multi-station parallel processing, pick and place automation, data acquisition, and PID control. Proven ability to design fault-tolerant systems with error handling and recovery.
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems.
- Proficiency creating detailed electrical and fluid schematics in CAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.