Hardware Engineering – Chassis Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Design and Release Engineer for Chassis, you will create the components that control lateral, longitudinal and vertical control of world leading electric vehicles. You will engage with attribute groups and other system owners to make a premier steering, suspension and braking system from concept to production.
- Design and develop chassis components from initial concept to PPAP. Components include everything that exists in the suspension, steering and braking systems
- Establish requirements for components based on the need of the vehicle (Strength, Durability, Stiffness, Corrosion, etc.)
- Evaluate different types of manufacturing methods for achieving the best combination of weight, attributes and cost
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
- Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- 2+ years of experience in automotive chassis design at system or component level
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly or vehicle service and assembly
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- Proven experience CAD
- Experience and/or good knowledge of manufacturing processes (Extrusions, Castings, Stampings, etc.)
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% if needed
- Applicants with 5+ years of experience will be considered at a Senior Engineer, Chassis Design and Release
- Experience and proficiency with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- Ability to run CAE analysis tools
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $104,000-143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.