Senior Motion Planning and Controls Engineer, Autonomous Driving
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As the successful candidate, you will join a world-class Autonomous Driving/ADAS team. Candidates should be excellent engineers and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting edge Motion Planning and Control features for ADAS/Autonomous Driving
- Invent and create new technologies and solutions. Bring revolutionary products to market
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust implementation
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas related to Motion Planning and Control for ADAS/Autonomous Driving: trajectory planning, route planning, behavioral planning, optimization based planning, motion control
- Excellent modeling skills (Matlab/Simulink or similar)
- Demonstrated experience as a visionary, yet detail oriented engineer
- Knowledge of autonomous systems (ADAS/Autonomous Driving and/or Robotics)
- Expertise in creating and managing complex embedded hardware-software systems
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical knowledge and creativity required to solve ADAS/Autonomous Driving
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ROS or other middleware systems
- Agile development tools and environments
- Experience working in a larger team
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle level
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations, industry benchmark and customer requirements
- Experience in automotive supplier interaction, specification development, release management, change management
- MS minimum in the areas of Automotive Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineer or other related fields
- At least 5 years of work experience or a Ph.D. in a related field
- Advanced degrees preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.