Principal Cloud Solution Architect
Newark, CA /
Digital – Cloud and Data Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Principle Cloud Solution Architect our Cloud Microservices team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to define how we partner with the other engineering teams to provide a productive and frictionless end-to-end developer experience encompassing the entire development, release, and operating lifecycle. You will design and implement our cloud applications.
- Design, develop, and enhance highly scalable infrastructure and cloud-based microservice applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Build secure and reliable connectivity solutions between cloud and devices using cyber security protocols
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems
- Use Istio service mesh to secure and improve infrastructure
- Create and maintain Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration documents
- Make key technical implementation decisions and help guide engineering vision
- Address the High Availability needs of microservices backed by complex big-data processing pipelines
- Create chaos-engineering automated tools to help break the system
- Architect the Cloud Platform to be fault-tolerant against hardware and software failures and can elastically scalable with the load
- Provide Autoscalable infrastructure for various application needs and be able to do the performance test
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- 10+ years of work experience in infrastructure engineering or security engineering experience.
- 6+ years of work experience in distributed cloud computing. Kubernetes developing experience is a huge plus.
- Knowledge with Containers and/or Serverless, Microservices, Functions, Event-driven/reactive programming or other Cloud Native architectures
- Excellence in communication (both written and spoken) with peers and non-technical people alike
- 2+ Kubernetes certification, or certification in any of the major cloud providers, desirable both
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, NATS Jetstream, RabbitMQ
- Understanding of and experience in OIDC/OAuth2, JWT, Mutual TLS, TLS/SSL
- Advanced programming language proficiency in Go (or comparable object-oriented language) with experience designing and developing efficient, secure, scalable, and reliable production systems.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, MQTT, REST, gRPC, etc.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $214,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.