Senior Software Engineer - System Software Development (Seattle, WA)
Digital – Platform Software /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking a dedicated Software Engineer to join our Seattle team. The successful candidate will primarily focus on system software development.
- Lead all phases of the software development lifecycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Develop, enhance, and debug system software on QNX and Linux platforms. The system software handles fundamental system services such as health monitoring, stats reporting, etc. Note: This does not include device drivers or kernel modules.
- Contribute to Wi-Fi, DNS, and other driver development while maintaining the overall health of our systems.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure that technical solutions are implemented correctly.
- Develop tools to automate the testing, debugging, and deployment of your code.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for all relevant software projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge of system software development on QNX and/or Linux.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Over-the-Air (OTA) updates on QNX or Linux, system services development in C or C++, board bring-up.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following communication technologies is highly desirable: Wi-Fi, cellular, satellite, Bluetooth.
- Understanding of software development principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading.
- Effective problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to overcome technical challenges.
- Effective communication and team collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Seattle, WA: $115,000 - $198,000/yr (depending on years of experience)
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.