Vehicle Packaging Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As Vehicle Packaging Engineer you will be the main packaging point of contact in Vehicle Engineering, where multiple competing interests exist. Using expertise that spans the full breath of mechanical disciplines, you will drive optimal resolution of mechanical packaging issues from overall concept development through manufacturing.
- Perform mechanical design and packaging of vehicle components to meet system and vehicle requirements while optimizing for efficiency, cost, weight, ergonomics, manufacturability and serviceability
- Lead team(s) in solving highly complex packaging problems
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing work assignments from engineering, studio, and manufacturing
- Lead execution of virtual builds in preparation for physical prototype builds.
- Collaborate with engineers and studio to support hardware fabrication, interface with suppliers and machine shops for delivery of mechanical hardware.
- Support CAD studies for vehicle variants and platform studies
- Use and promote best practices for Digital Mock Up (DMU) / CAD clean up
- Support BOM and Change Control processes, including weight management
- Support the release process with engineering and PLM
- Support vehicle programs through the entire life cycle including; design, prototype builds, vehicle test, and production
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or supplier. Working knowledge of automotive interior, exterior, cabin and underhood packaging preferred
- Conversant with current and forthcoming vehicle architectures and system technologies
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools
- Extensive CAD experience (CATIA preferred), and demonstrated ability in developing and designing product solutions. You must be able to operate an NX or CATIA system and create packaging drawings and proposals as needed.
- Passion for electric vehicles and energy efficiency
- Motivation, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with tight timing constraints
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, excellent numeracy and spatial awareness
- Desire a candidate who is assertive, self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.