Software Automation Engineer
Newark, CA /
Digital – Software Quality /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Software Automation Engineer in our Software Quality and Validation Engineering team. The Software Automation Validation Engineer will work closely with cross-functional teams to architect, develop, deploy and maintain test automation frameworks & tools. This requires an experienced professional with a background in automation and system validation. The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, possess the ability to learn quickly and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop Test automation strategy, develop scripts and software to perform automated system-level testing cycles
- Develop and maintain automation test frameworks
- Develop and plan test runs according to the software release plan
- Support test runs at various levels of integration, and document test results
- Report and escalate issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with different teams
- Troubleshoot and triage issues to drive towards root cause identification, resolution, and the best possible product in terms of quality
- Align and support SQA processes and activities within functional areas such as System, Hardware and Safety
- Coordinate and communicate the rollout of new processes, quality metrics and tools with all impacted teams
- 2+ Years of experience in automation, automation in automotive is preferred
- Proficiency in Python, Matlab, Machine Learning
- Experience in developing and implementing fully automated test scripts to control and execute system level test cases
- Experience in creating feature based test plans and implementing them in automation.
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to measure and command signals
- Strong knowledge of Vector CAN and Diagnostic tools
- Experience in robotic programming and application
- BS minimum in an Engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Mechatronics, Automotive or similar
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.