Electromagnetic Analysis Engineer (all levels)
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Electromagnetic Analysis Engineer. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Analyze 2D/3D electromagnetic motor phenomena using ANSYS tools and in-house developed tools
- Lead or support the development of electromagnetic design of electric traction motors
- Streamline scripts for automatic motor design processes
- Develop optimization strategies suitable for electromagnetic design analysis to ensure the optimal delivery of the required performance attributes
- Research and develop new innovative motor design concepts for future products
- Help with motor R&D projects involving multi-physics analysis of the mechanical structure and thermal performance of Lucid motors
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative and innovative environment, including directly cooperating with control software, physical test and power electronics team
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamentals of electric machines
- A proven track record of technical excellence in electromagnetics
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving
- A capability to define appropriate targets, using a range of strategies
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modification
- A good understanding of the range of computational tools available
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with varying availability of documentation
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Experience of electric vehicle motor design
- Experience in thermal and mechanical analysis
- Experience with motor control and power electronics
- Experience in optimization methods and software
- Experience of the use of the ANSYS tool suite
- Experience of CAD (and preferably CATIA)
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Some knowledge of scripting for simulation process automation
- MS (and preferably PhD) in an electrical engineering discipline
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.