Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Purchasing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Purchase Associate. The Purchasing Associate manages global sourcing for all assigned commodities from the Global Supply Managers supporting various vehicle systems, maintain the component timelines, and assist with purchasing throughout the company.
- Heavily support supply chain for the Formula E Battery business, to include:
- Create RFQs to receive updated pricing for the year, and place POs for parts
- Negotiate with suppliers to minimize the impact of annual cost increases
- Summarize data into charts & diagrams for executive review
- Present out key topics at meetings
- Work with the warehouse to ensure inventory is received and transacted appropriately in Lucid’s inventory management software system
- Work with quality to investigate root cause and resolve supplier quality issues
- Maintain spreadsheet trackers with updated data including POs placed, inventory received, and supplier commit dates
- Follow up with GSMs and Purchasing Managers to verify completion of tasks
- Work with engineering to understand design changes and communicate those changes to the supplier, while upholding proper change management procedures
- Collaborate with manufacturing to make sure they are fully supported & have everything they need from supply chain to be successful
- Assist with preparing production build forecasts, and regularly communicate with the build team to understand actual build timing versus planned
- Perform physical inventory counts of consumables to calculate required order quantities and place associated POs
- Assist with facilitating annual inventory counts & calculating order quantities for the season
- Work with engineering and sales to prepare commercial proposals for pricing
- Travel to local suppliers to better understand their processes, perform quality inspections, or pick up and transport parts
- Assist with other tasks as needed and communicated by the FE Battery GSM
- Support strategic sourcing and procurement for the Lucid Air Sedan & other vehicle developments, to include:
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Thoroughly negotiate favorable contracts including parts pricing, tooling costs and Engineering Services (NRE / EDT) with feedback from the Global Supply Managers
- Work with suppliers and Engineering to release parts into production and issue POs for Prototype Parts and Prototype/Production Tooling
- Track critical timing requests through the supplier to our dock, while working to resolve any road blocks
- Manage supplier development and tooling timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production and develop solutions to delays or problems that arise
- Process new vendor credit applications
- Assist purchasing and engineering teams with PO changes and updates. Ensure teams are properly submitting purchase requests
- Interact with all levels of the company with routine administrative support
- Assist with filling out production pricing approval forms, including working with suppliers to gather required information
- Issue production PO’s for tooling and production parts
- Attend weekly meetings with suppliers to support engineering, understand current status, and provide a commercial voice
- Bachelor’s degree, technical, supply chain or finance discipline preferred
- 1-2 years minimum Purchasing, Supply Chain, Engineering or Project Management experience.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve, as well as work independently on multiple tasks or projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of resilience to deal with urgent requests, and minimal information. Works well with various teams
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution. Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Willingness to learn
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.