Test and Validation Engineer, Exterior Systems
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Exterior Test/Validation Engineer. This position requires experienced professionals with a responsibility for testing parts of the exterior systems of a world class vehicle in terms of both styling and function. Our ideal candidates exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- The position would require organizing and creating the Lucid Motors performance and test specifications.
- Collaborate with suppliers to compare and benchmark competitive product performances.
- Maintain and update the specification and its approval process.
- Coordinate and organize the internal OEM-level tests.
- Organize and contribute to the review of the internal and external test reports for approval.
- Contribute to the documentation system creation for specifications and project test results.
- 2+ years of Automotive validation and testing experience at OEM, Tier-1 or Test Lab (or similar experience during university/college education)
- Experience in tracking and reviewing test plans and results
- Working knowledge of automotive exterior systems (Plastic injection moldings, surface treatments, metal/brightware & surface applications, or Carbon Fiber applications)
- Experience with FMVSS and other international regulatory requirements.
- Experience in creating specifications.
- Experience creating test plans and working w/ suppliers
- Experience with Atlasssian, Jira and/or Confluence or similar
- Experience leading testing and validation efforts in a similar Automotive environment is a plus
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent prioritization adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field.
- Masters degree a plus.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $104,000-$143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.