Lighting Systems - Lead Mechanical/Thermal Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As the successful candidate, you will lead the mechanical and thermal design of most advanced lighting systems for world-class vehicles. Candidates should be excellent engineers and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Lead and mentor a world-class mechanical and thermal engineering group for lighting systems
- Package, engineer, release, and launch all mechanical and thermal aspects of lighting products in the Lucid portfolio
- Create concept ideas, packaging/DFM studies and lighting components in 3D CAD
- Collaborate with lighting suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Lucid lighting systems
- Work interactively within a cross-functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering team, placing priority on the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 plus years of working experience with CATIA V5 and V6 with strong experience in parametric modeling and surfacing as well as thermal FEA analysis (e.g. ANSYS, COMSOL)
- Great knowledge in structural mechanics, general physics, manufacturing, and prototyping
- Profound knowledge of mechanical and thermal automotive lighting systems design and demonstrable track record of technical excellence
- Outstanding 3D CAD capabilities as well as proven thermal simulations expertise
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A solid knowledge of performance requirements, safety, and testing standards
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.