Test Engineer, Battery Software
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer, Battery Software. This position requires an individual with a strong background in software verification and system integration. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery monitoring and energy management features
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed battery product for Formula E motorsports, and mass-market passenger vehicles
- Create and execute test plan for mission and safety-critical features like charge control, thermal control, fault detection, and diagnostics in the Battery Management System (BMS)
- Conduct ECU level testing on MIL and HIL setup
- Conduct system level testing for powertrain and user-facing features on our battery packs and vehicles
- Troubleshoot various systems and ECUs using lab and measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters as well as tools such as Vector CANalyzer and CANoe
- Develop software tools and test scripts to automate software and hardware integration tests of BMS and test data analytics
- 3 years of experience in automotive embedded software verification
- Experience in EV powertrain and BMS
- Hands-on skills to design, build, and bring up test benches
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols such as CAN, UDS and TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Vector CAN / Ethernet tools
- Experience with battery algorithms and Lithium ion batteries
- Working knowledge of NI VeriStand or LabVIEW
- System integration experience with commercial charging stations
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields, MS preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.