Project Manager, Smart Energy Product Development
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Charging Infrastructure /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented Project Manager for Lucid Smart Energy Products and the Smart Energy Program. This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of excellence in managing projects and bringing products to the market. The candidate demonstrates strong organizational capability and the ability to command respect from the talented cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will communicate proactively, so each individual team member remains aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior management in a timely manner.
- Assemble systems for Smart Energy showcasing vehicle-to-home, vehicle-to-business, and vehicle-to-grid
- Ensure overall product delivery
- Project-Manage the integration of prototypes
- Derive customer facing products
- Deliver prove-of-concept around building energy management advancing to vehicle-to-grid business models
- Run prototyping project with partnering agencies and companies
- Steer the implementation on Lucid components as vehicle, charging station and residential energy gateway device
- Drive and ensure test and validation
- Setting up a central control component for managing energy flows within a facility, building and home
- Technical experience in the field of electric vehicle charging
- Technical experience with smart home energy systems and the electrical grid
- Strong organizational skills and the power to keep complex cross-functional projects on schedule
- Preferably [5+ or 2+] years experience in project management on technical projects
- Strong ability of abstraction and to integrate a project-centric view into the broader system-wide landscape
- Experience with defining test cases and acceptance criteria
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline (electrical engineering, microelectronics, computer science, physics, or similar).
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.