Logistics & Operations – Material Management /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This role will start in our Tempe site and will transition to our Casa Grande Manufacturing Plant within the next year.
Lucid Motors is seeking a motivated and experienced Material Planner for our manufacturing organization. This role will oversee the daily aspects of supply planning, forecasting, and driving strategic projects for this critical role. Candidates should be highly analytical, detail-oriented and can build strong relationships to set the foundational processes to ensure the highest customer experience.
- Create and deploy supply requirements to Lucid’s supply base (over 200 Tier 1 suppliers and over 3,000 parts & components) via MRP which achieves production, inventory, and cost objectives.
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with assigned suppliers. Act as the primary interface with suppliers on delivery status, challenges, and resolution.
- Work closely with the supplier base to ensure On-Time, In-Full (OTIF) performance.
- Collaboratively work with a wide cross-functional team – Purchasing, NPI, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality, Logistics, etc.
- Proactively communicate with all levels of the organization on material related issues including those involving shipments between suppliers/plants while simultaneously mitigating potential impacts to internal and external customers.
- Deliver clear-to-build status, material coverage, run-out reports and other analyses as needed to plan production and business targets.
- Provide data-driven decision support to the broader organization through what-if and scenario planning.
- Apply analytics and supply chain expertise to manage system parameters and meet target inventory and service level goals while minimizing cost and obsolescence.
- Work closely with Purchasing Global Supply team to complete action plans to improve supplier performance and score cards.
- Support new product roll out by assisting in establishing the supply chain effectivity date.
- Participate and lead improvement projects that deliver benefits to the organization, including but limited to increasing OTIF, reduction of lead times, etc.
- Review inventory levels and issues/modifies orders for stock replenishment applying best practices for inventory reduction and inventory optimization.
- Responsible for tracking metrics on assigned activities in order to drive results and continuous improvements in Department activity.
- Responsible for leading meetings related to part shortages, supplier constraints, internal and external planning, and supplier metrics.
- Handle other projects or assignments as needed.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of Material Planning or Supply Chain experience REQUIRED. Automotive or volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- 2-4 years Account Management/Supplier Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of MRP processes; SAP experience, with a solid understand of discrete manufacturing, bills of material, product lifecycle management, procure to pay processes and supply chain operations.
- Proficiently analyze, evaluate, and respond to any issues or concerns that may pose a threat to the manufacturing schedule.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate and analyze data to present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Demonstrate skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- Experience in New Product Introduction, Product Lifecycle Management and BOM and Supply Chain operations
- Passion to continuously develop, improve, and maintain processes.
- Exceptional ability to interface and collaborate effectively with individuals, groups, and suppliers.
- Passionate and high energy, with the diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others, both inside and outside of Lucid Motors.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution.
- Ability to develop result driven data, lead meetings and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required (to include evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed, often more than a 40-hour work week).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPIM or APIC training preferred
Be part of something amazing: Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.