Senior DevOps Engineer
Newark, CA /
Connectivity – Connectivity /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer. We are looking for someone to build an extremely fast-growing infrastructure and handling TBs data per hour. We need an exceptional DevOps engineer with good knowledge of data streaming and processing to a develop and manage a reliable operation. In this role you get to do what you love with lots of room to grow, innovate and lead, Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Automate infrastructure deployments with CloudFormation/ Terraform
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain applications that run and monitor services in the public cloud.
- Develop deployment pipelines for services running in Kubernetes.
- Continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Docker, Chef/Ansible.
- Programmatically make secrets management painless and easy across distributed services, secret handling technology such as Vault, AWS AMI
- You will design and develop new automation solutions to infrastructure engineering problems
- Work closely with application developers and participating in the architectural discussions.
- Build self-service Continuous Delivery tooling to support deployment and lifecycle management of a wide range of compute workloads and services
- Advocate a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams.
- Provide leadership to the team in mastering technologies, identifying and implementing worthwhile new technologies and improving our process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in DevOps engineering or software development.
- Strong coding and scripting experience with Python, Java or similar languages.
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD, Amazon S3, EC2, IAM, CloudFormation and Route 53
- Experience with user access, authentication, user permission management and security, LDAP, AD, Kerberos
- Experience with containerization and scheduling, with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong distributed systems implementation experience
- Experience with auto scaling, performance testing and capacity planning.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating build/deploy & monitoring systems
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.