Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Craftsmanship Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional who has experience in perceived quality to ensure that Craftsmanship is incorporated in Lucid’s future projects Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Benchmark competitor vehicles relevant to projects
- Set targets – defining key interfaces for the vehicle and establishing class leading targets for fit and finish
- Develop critical sections to both Interior and Exterior interfaces and record in a Build Objectives document
- Work with the Design Engineering, Dimensional and manufacturing teams to ensure that the targets are achievable in volume production
- Ensure Perceived /Optical quality targets are met via cross functional reviews
- Utilize Cubing Reference Models, Master Fixtures and other tools to ensure highest levels of craftsmanship in production
- Propose alternative surface, cutline and interface execution to Styling for better craftsmanship results
- Evaluate and support the improvement of sensory aspects of our products
- Work closely with suppliers and manage product introductions
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented person for both Exterior & Interior Components and Systems
- Expert knowledge and experience in one of more areas of craftsmanship with three to five years of relevant experience
- Automotive experience preferred
- Good logical reasoning and numeracy and literacy
- Evidence of working effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve results
- A proven record of ensuring procedures and quality standards are clearly communicated and actioned
- The capability of supporting complex projects
- Bachelor's degree in Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- One full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive Exterior and Interior Components and Systems
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.