Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Body in White
Casa Grande, AZ
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced BIW Manufacturing Engineering Manager to support the relevant engineering and design activities that would lead to the successful execution and launch of our vehicle in a fast-paced, cross-functional greenfield environment. The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge automation that enables best in class engineering designs to be produced in volume with exceptional world class quality. The applicant must be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our BIW group, and company.
- Coordinate and manage daily activities including but not limited to resource loading, monitoring design and build progress, and communicating issues to appropriate stakeholders;
- Participate in core team meetings, generate action items and follow up with team members;
- Coordinate interdependent tasks and deliverables with other groups across the Lucid Motors company, including Engineering, Design Studio, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Process and Sustaining Engineering;
- Produce comprehensive and elaborate spreadsheets, graphs and PowerPoint presentations for meetings and management reports;
- Coordinate resources, provide clear direction and timelines for deliverables, and delegate tasks across the full project team;
- Identify, maintain and ensure project milestones and related activities are fully met;
- Ensure alignment between all individual contributors, internally and at Suppliers;
- Plan, schedule and conduct regular project sync meetings;
- Create standardized reports about project status, and risks;
- Act as interface between design team and other cross functional areas;
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, as needed;
- Track and report per-project progress;
- Drive change management at the Supplier level.
- BS in mechanical engineering is preferred or 15+ years demonstrable experience, Advanced degrees, Masters or PhD, are highly preferred.
- 10+ years Experience in automotive industry is highly preferred.
- Proven track record as Program/Project Manager supporting the Body in White, Structures and Closures function
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (MS-Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio);
- Proven ability to communicate to people at all levels within an engineering organization;
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated and highly organized;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office and plant floor environment, meet critical deadlines with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail;
- Critical management skills with a high level of initiative and sound judgement;
- Practical understanding of product development processes.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in 3D software (CATIA is a plus)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.