Staff Data Engineer, Big Data
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer, Big Data who is looking for a challenge, enjoys thinking big and looking to make their mark on an extremely fast growing company. If building large and building fast, working with a young and very talented team of engineers and collaborating with the brightest mind in the Automotive industry is what you like, Lucid is the best to experience it.
- Lead Data Engineer and architect to design, implement a highly scalable system to ingest and process Petabytes of data per day.
- Hands-on design and develop applications for data pipeline and data management.
- Set processes and policies for data governance and data pipeline
- Architect and implement best practices of big data tools such as Spark, Airflow, Kafka, Presto and Cassandra
- Lead and mentor junior Data and BI engineers.
- Set and define the standards and best practices in data team
- Be the point of reference for solving challenging technical problem.
- Architect and implement Machine Learning Pipelines for Data Science team.
- Bachelor or Masters in Software Engineering and Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience in design and development of large scale data platforms
- Expert in containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Expert in tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Presto
- Proficient in Spark development with PySpark or Scala
- Expert in Data streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Expert in design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems and data pipelines
- Extensive programming and software engineering experience, especially in Java, Python, and/or C++
- Experience with running large-scale distributed computing infrastructure such as load balancing, Zookeeper, Micro service architecture
- Experienced in security and access management
- Experience with managing distributed databases like Elasticsearch, Cassandra
- Experience with Columnar database such as Redshift, Vertica
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.