Material Flow Design Engineer
Casa Grande, AZ /
Supply Chain – Logistics /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is recruiting for a proficient and experienced Material Flow Design Engineer to join our Material Flow Engineering team in Casa Grande, Arizona. This individual will use his/her engineering aptitude to conceptualize, design, develop and implement manual, semi-automated and fully automated material conveyance equipment in our factory and warehouses in Arizona. The ideal candidate will have experience designing industrial equipment, be well-versed with fundamentals of engineering mechanics, have excellent CAD skills (prefer CATIA), hands-on with shop tools and has experience with metal and composite prototyping skills.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and deploy manual, semi-manual and automated material handling equipment (MHE) in the factory and warehouses.
- Create 3D CAD designs, 2D Drawings, BOMs of material handling equipment.
- Design and build prototypes and 3D printed test specimen
- Create test documentation, work instructions, maintenance instructions, presentations, etc.
- Liaise and collaborate with different departments and internal customers (manufacturing engineers, industrial engineers, production planners, logistics, packaging engineers, vehicle engineers etc.) on design concepts and project execution.
- Select, negotiate and manage equipment vendors to ensure quality, timing and pricing requirements.
- Actively participate in building prototypes in the machine shop, including 3D printing.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or a similar discipline and 5+ years of experience.
- Highly proficient in creating 3D designs and 2D drawings in CATIA or SolidWorks
- Outstanding critical thinking and communication skills, with a high level of autonomy, ability to work efficiently in an ambiguous environment, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience designing and building manufacturing/material handling equipment in a factory environment
- Thorough knowledge of engineering mechanics fundamentals, engineering materials and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in material flow, factory layout design, simulation tools is preferred but not required.
- Innate ability to fully comprehend requirements and opportunities quickly, with high attention to detail.
- Leadership/management experience and/or end-to-end project management experience.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.