IT Field Service Engineer
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Information Technology /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is seeking an IT Field Service Engineer
- Tactical planning including detailed build requirements, project coordination & scheduling, budget management, and procurement.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to research new designs and cutting edge technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Effectively communicate the status of all projects across the department, highlighting issues or conflicts between teams to stakeholders and management.
- Create and publish a weekly summary that outlines the state of projects across the department.
- Providing project management to vendor and partner teams and other cross-functional departments to successfully implement the scope of the project.
- Travel to remotes sites to support installations of IT infrastructure during site construction and/or post install upgrades as needed.
- Provide onsite and offsite IT support to Lucid’s network of Sales, Service and Deliveries fffice locations as needed.
- Respond to customer requests and issues in a timely manner with a positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and address issues with remote systems, networks, telephony, etc.
- Implement and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks.
- Proactively identify customer, or site issues and address in advance of service disruptions.
- Identify and recommend process and product improvements.
- Consistently document IT processes and improvements as they’re implemented.
- Be available and responsive to customer calls, email, and tickets 24 x 7 x 365.
- Approximately 50% domestic and international travel required.
- 4+ years of project management experience working on international projects.
- Experience in building remote Retail, Service, Delivery or Business Office sites as part of an overall larger enterprise organization including network, wireless, AV, build.
- Knowledge of structured cabling and construction design and planning process.
- Experience with procurement, vendor management, and RFP process.
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Strong VMWare ESXi / VSphere / VCenter implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the following: Aruba, HP, Jira, Confluence, VNC, IR Touchscreens, PowerShell.
- Expert level in the support of Win 10 / Windows Server 2012 and all Apple based products including notebooks, servers, workstations, iPad’s, iPhones, etc. This includes the image creation, and support via LAN/WAN.
- Ability to hit the ground running in fast-paced environment Exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to calmly interact with customers with customers a “can-do” attitude, and to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers.
- Ability to assess and prioritize issues and effectively communicate corrective plans to stakeholders directly or via presentation.
- Ability to travel quickly and frequently (30-50%) as needed sites located worldwide.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.