Staff Global Supply Manager, Capex (Body Manufacturing / Powertrain Manufacturing)
Supply Chain, Procurement, & Commodity Management – Indirect Purchasing /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Staff Global Supply Manager for Capital Equipment purchasing. The Global Supply Manager is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing. They will establish our global supply chain strategy, source suppliers, contract, and execute to deliver a world class capex program.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing to identify potential suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid’s expectations and timeline
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Thoroughly negotiate favorable contracts including equipment pricing, tooling, development, timing, spare parts, and payment
- Work with suppliers and Manufacturing to manage design changes and impacts
- Manage supplier development and equipment timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production and develop solutions to delays or problems that arise
- Maintain overall supplier relationships and act as point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, availability and cost status
- Ownership of key supplier relationships and activities, both strategic and tactical, through the entire life cycle of company projects, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management
- Work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing during the design phase to ensure manufacturability and capital equipment opportunities are balanced
- Travel 15-25% to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 8 years minimum Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Engineering experience related to in-direct materials, capital equipment or product assembly processes
- Understanding of automotive assembly processes. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: general/part assembly, battery assembly, powertrain assembly, body shop, robots, stamping, dispense, fastening systems or paint lines
- Product launch experience. Time spent working with engineering, manufacturing, and quality to develop proposals. Candidate must be one that will actively work with the supplier and manufacturing as the equipment is built, tested, and installed
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality principles
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution.
- Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage complex suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.