Paint Production Manager
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Looking for a detailed experienced OEM Paint Production Manager. The right candidate will be organized, driven with excellent leadership skills. This person will lead and train a new workforce to meet our production goals.
- Lead paint production team, including development of organizational plans and recruiting/hiring (Salary/Hourly).
- Responsible for manufacturing ultra-luxury production vehicles with the highest level of paint quality/appearance.
- Maintain staffing plans and lead “hands-on” in all areas of production. Lead by example.
- Implement training programs for all production processes within the paint department.
- Manage SPEQDC (Safety, People, Environmental, Quality, Delivery, Cost) indicators for paint production.
- Track production downtime and implement resolutions to production deficiencies.
- Balance manpower and create work schedules to meet production demands.
- Enforce requirements/standards/process control plans.
- Lead production teams during all build phases and interface with all departments to foster a high productive manufacturing system.
- Feedback opportunities to design for manufacturability of the vehicle.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing process to eliminate waste.
- Manage reprocess areas to drive quality/production efficiencies/root cause problem resolution.
- Create an environment where all employees are valued for their contributions and they understand their impact to the success of the company.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Enforce standardized work processes and enforce the passion for detail.
- •Drive world-class quality for our luxury vehicles through in station process control and driving defect resolution to the point of fit.
- Lead the team implementing processes to control expenses and increase productivity throughout the department.
- Analyze and control change costs, schedule delays and quality issues over the course of production shifts.
- Develop and implement training plans for supervisors and team members.
- Set production goals and communicate them to all production staff.
- Coordinate with process engineering/automation and materials for improvement activities.
- Work with maintenance to implement regular “PM’s”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or 5 years of equivalent OEM automotive paint management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build outstanding teams and interface well with all senior management.
- Excellent attitude to foster a positive work environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in automotive paint production leadership and knowledge of all areas of paint production.
- Experience methodizing production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency.
- Familiarity with paint manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in factory environments hiring and training associates to support new products and processes.
- Exemplary verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma process.
- Capability to implement and drive a quality operating system within a department.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.