Manager, Battery Software Testing
Digital – Battery Software /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Battery Software Testing. This position requires a seasoned engineering leader with a strong background in software verification and system integration. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery monitoring and energy intelligence features
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed battery product for mass-market passenger vehicles and energy storage application
- Manage and grow Battery Software QA team that is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing QA test plans at MIL, SIL, HIL, pack, and vehicle levels
- Organize test planning meetings with test engineers, systems engineers and software engineers to create test cases for mission and safety-critical features like charge control, fault detection and diagnostics in the Battery Management System (BMS), and range estimation in vehicle
- Facilitate engineers and technicians to design and build test benches for high voltage system
- Coordinate test engineers to work with data analysts to develop automated monitoring solutions of software/hardware quality metrics
- Oversee test asset management within the team
- Advance the state of battery software QA process
- Passion for software testing and unwavering drive towards quality software
- Experience in automotive test of safety critical embedded software such as automotive controls or battery management applications.
- 3+ years of management experience for software development or QA team
- Experience in EV powertrain and BMS
- Excellent leadership skills
- Expert knowledge working with real-time simulation systems (dSPACE, NI etc)
- Expertise in MATLAB Simulink family of tools for model-based software verification
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols such as CAN, UDS and TCP/IP
- Experience setting up dSPACE HIL framework and associated tools
- System integration and working knowledge of all stages of V-development cycle
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- MS preferred
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area: $150,000 - $214,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.