Systems Specialist, Connectivity
Newark, CA /
Digital – Cyber Security, Data, and Connectivity /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This role is located on-site at Headquarters in Newark, Ca.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications for the next-generation Connectivity solutions spanning telematics communication gateways, Over The Air Updates (OTA) infrastructure to manage the vehicle firmware, calibration, and bootloader upgrades.
- Define requirements for centralized telematics control units and OTA infrastructure.
- Define the project/product benefits and success criteria along with the priorities and arrive at executable roadmaps.
- Author Connectivity RFPs, RFQs, SoWs and evaluate suppliers.
- Ensure complete requirements and architecture traceability and compliance to industry standards.
- Closely collaborate with the Development, Verification, Integration, and Service engineers to establish product excellence; the teams span internal and external teams, including suppliers and partners.
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews.
- Collaborate with extended teams including Controls, Security, Infotainment, UX to realize the overall project objectives on time and within budget.
- Formulate balanced solutions for unstructured complex problems with multi-dimensional constraints, e.g., performance (throughput, latency), power consumption, CPU bandwidth, network bandwidth, complexity, extensibility, security and safety.
- Approach challenges/problems laterally across the systems and domains and vertically drill down to subsystems and elements involved and reconcile gaps and contradictions.
- Diligently follow-through and follow-up on commitments and proactively unblock the issues; avoid negative surprises.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or Computer Engineer
- 6+ years of proven industry experience in the roles of architects, and technical product management in the connectivity and automotive technologies spanning Unified Diagnostics Services, Diagnostics over IP, and vehicle network architecture.
- Hands-on experience in using CAN bus tools – CANoe, CANAlyzer and vFlash tools.
- Prior experience in systems software programming using C and C++.
- Strong foundations in software systems design of networking and embedded areas covering complete software development life cycle.
- Experience using requirement management systems like JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineer
- Experience in automotive industry with premier OEMs and/or Tier-1s is a plus.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus;
- OTA servers and vehicle-side s/w capabilities
- UDS (ISO 14229-1) and DOIP (ISO 13400-2)
- Factory End of Line testing and Diagnostics
- Service Diagnostics
- Fault Trees
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.