Sr. Drive Unit Testing Automation Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a skilled Automation Engineer for the Drive Unit Test and Validation team. You will work with a team of engineers and others in support of motor & gearbox development as well as ensuring readiness for production. You will managing scheduling activities for testing, maximizing equipment utilization, and people resource allocation. Track and report testing progress to design teams, as well as vehicle program management.
- Create automation and control architecture for various test systems including mechanical dynamometers
- Distill testing requests & compose LabView scripting
- Work with other engineers and technicians to integrate hardware and software into our test systems
- Software development implementation & maintenance for test systems
- Select and implement various types of sensors (ie torque, pressure, flow, temperature, etc) to data logging system
- GUI creation and train Technicians on operation
- Debug and correct issues with test equipment
- Process data, interpret testing results and provide feedback to the team
- Operational experience of R&D or production test equipment
- interactive experience with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic
- CAN-BUS experience highly desired
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, test engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.