EHS Specialist - Equipment Safety
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist – Equipment Safety; this role will report to the Manager of Environmental, Health, and Safety. Our ideal candidate will find responsibility in the design, implementation, and execution of the equipment safety review/buy-off process for a brand new automotive manufacturing facility. Improving and maintaining current standards and specifications related to equipment safety will be required as the subject matter expert driving this programs’ success. Not only will this role be a key support partner for the design and manufacturing engineering organizations, however this role will also be critical in supporting day-to-day operations through the development of particular EH&S programs in advance of start of production. Incident reporting and analysis, corrective and preventative action management, training curriculum development, partnered with clear communication and organizational coaching will be important elements to this roles’ success. A candidate that strives for excellence, challenges themselves, and seeks after opportunities for individual development will be a valuable addition to the Lucid EH&S team.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS Management System elements pertaining to all manufacturing operations teams including Logistics, BIW, Powertrain, GA, Paint, etc.
- Manage multiple construction projects through design, build and commissioning.
- Provide field safety oversight of work activities on construction site and future state facilities.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal health and safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, plans, and procedures as it relates to construction and equipment safety.
- Partner on factory acceptance testing (FAT) to ensure incorporation of applicable ANSI and OSHA standards on equipment; inclusive of industry best practices
- Partner on site acceptance testing (SAT) to ensure equipment is safe for operation and production release.
- Conduct safety functionality testing on newly installed or modified equipment to ensure the safety control devices perform as intended by the safety logic.
- Perform risk assessment on production lines and equipment according to equipment safety standards.
- Oversee the MOC process on safety systems and devices for existing equipment.
- Design, sustain, and improve the equipment safety transfer of risk process for new projects.
- Practice and sustain strong communication between all organizations.
- Create and standardize policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Review existing Lucid Motors standards and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead and document incident investigations to determine RCCA outcomes.
- Lead and review the hazard analysis program and utilization of JHA/PTP tools.
- Perform frequent job-site safety inspections and procedural audits in the field and can take immediate action where required.
- Review equipment design to ensure equipment and tooling adheres to ANSI, ISO, RIA, NFPA, GB and OSHA equipment, machinery, and electrical safety standards as applies.
- Provide continuous support to Engineering and Manufacturing staff from design to SOP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, engineering, or a related discipline; or the equivalent in experience.
- 3+ years of direct experience in related industries (automotive, machine integration, semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- 5+ years automation experience including mechanical/electrical/control design.
- 5+ years of on-the-ground equipment commissioning project management.
- Experience in working with varying Local, State, and Federal permitting authorities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive results in a rapid growth environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, UBC, ISO, ANSI, RIA, NFPA, GB, codes.
- Manufacturing is a 24/7 operation; must be available to support occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Background in PLC programming/troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and drive team performance
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.