Dimensional Control Engineer
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Dimensional Control Engineer.
- Ensure Lucid Body Shop Body Construction Control Points and Significant Characteristics are performing to statistical expectations (Cp / Cpk > 1.33).
- Maintain and execute ongoing work plan for improvement opportunities with respect to these characteristics. This involves reviewing the key geometric stations for pin and clamp condition, and location. Strive for continuous improvements in stack bar performance.
- Author and assure Dimensional Team is adhering to Dimensional Control Plan per the process specified.
- In charge of body fits in final area and respond to concerns. Ensure fitters are fitting to prescribed fit method as processed by this position.
- Address any incoming quality issues via Tool Change Order, teleconference, or Dimensional Supplier Quality Control Meeting. Track PPMs as required to vendors. Champion Dimensional Supplier Control Meetings held in Casa Grande.
- Alongside CMM Layout Inspectors, monitor and respond to any trend shifts noted in data readings. Arrange any work needed to resolve these issues with the maintenance group.
- Address any issues relative to departmental quality and throughput due to incoming quality issues requiring containment. Utilize Internal Indicators (hourly write-ups, Repair Data, CAL Line Performance, LucidQA, or other subsystem checks) to prioritize work actions.
- Hold or delegate role as key contact with respect to departmental ISO-9000 and LucidQA audit team.
- Ensure gage calibration is being performed and documented as prescribed by the manufacturer or internal control process.
- Coordinate activities with the assigned process engineers.
- Work with joining engineer to ensure GEO station joining conditions are optimized Coordinate special studies as needed for troubleshooting.
- Ensure control plan prescribed frequencies is being adhered to with relevant and accurate data. Take steps to recover if required and assure reaction plan evidence and effectiveness.
- Prepare and participate in Vehicle Quality Reviews and special meetings as instructed.
- Assist and direct PM of closure tooling.
- Design and perform tooling modifications for continuous/ process improvement.
- Mentor and train newer members of the department in safe and approved processes and procedures.
- Share or adopt best practice opportunities with DFM team.
- Ensure Manufacturing Process Engineers maintain the Engineering Change Notification log and complete the Critical Process audits within the specified bi- monthly schedule.
- Understand Customer Feedback loop concerns and react to these concerns as needed (i.e. additional sampling, variability reduction).
- Currently a 6-Sigma Black or Green Belt candidate. Participate in Black and Green belt projects as required.
- Support health & safety efforts to reduce departmental injuries.
- Support ISO-14000 requirements to ensure ongoing departmental compliance.
- Participate in departmental quality reviews, CAL quality review, VQR and LucidQA review as required.
- Review dimensional control performance indicators / daily. Assist with process / dimensional issues as required.
- Capable of designing production jigs and fixtures based on plant requirements.
- Assist the department IE regarding engineering feasibility during rebalances as needed.
- Familiar with dimensional analysis using 3DCS
- A deep understanding of design, development, manufacturing processes, and assembly operations
- Working knowledge of SPC systems and root cause analysis
- Experience with 3DCS add-on module for Catia V5/V6
- Experience with QDM or similar SPC quality system
- Experience with Class A surface data, body structures, castings, the extrusion process, stampings and all of their advantages and limitations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline is preferred, but not essential for the right candidate
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.