Staff Engineer, Automotive E/E Systems Integration
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Prepare, plan, configure and perform system verification and validation testing
- Design and build integration test benches and test bucks (LV and HV) to validate electrical connections and CAN, LIN, Ethernet communication between the vehicle’s controllers
- Support Control Engineers to debug issues and develop solutions to control problems
- Work with Diagnostics and Communication Engineers on integration tasks
- Support vehicle builds and testing
- Work with Network Communication Engineers to jointly develop network communications architecture for the vehicle
- Develop electrical system architecture for the vehicle in conjunction with the electrical systems architect
- Design automated testing systems to validate the design, safety, and reliability of automotive control units
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 3+ years of experience with automotive controllers integration testing
- Good knowledge in Vehicle Electrical Architecture - CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
- Experience with tools like JAMA/JIRA/Git/Confluence
- A common understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar.
- Experience with standard EE lab instruments (oscilloscope, multimeters, data bus analysis tools, ...)
- Motivation to make complicated systems work together
- Electric vehicle systems experience
- Creativity in your design
- Motivation to make a difference in the automotive industry
- Ability to build stuff with your hands
- Great communication skills
- BS minimum, in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields
- High voltage systems experience
- A lot of Hands ON work in Vehicular systems or any EE systems
- Experience with CAN analysis tools like CANOe, CANalyzer, CAPL scripts, and VehicleSpy
- Matlab/Simulink model-based design and automatic code generation experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.