Senior Engineer, Controls
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Work with other controls engineers to improve and/or develop a simulation model/platform to analyze, optimize and troubleshoot various aspects of the vehicle, e.g., torque request, Thermal systems, etc
- Develop control systems for various features of the vehicle
- Develop requirements and related test cases for features modeled in Matlab/Simulink
- Assist integration of features into the controller code base
- Test the developed software on the vehicle and assist in calibration of the features
- Generate Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for various features to comply with ISO 26262 standards
- Develop diagnostic interfaces for the controller
- Work in cross-functional teams to solve controls problems
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 3+ years of experience with embedded control systems (5+ with Bachelor of Science)
- Expert knowledge of model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Expert understanding of Automatic Control Systems, with a firm grasp of classical control theory tools like compensator design and PID tuning
- Good understanding of C/C++
- Experience with failure analysis methodology like FMEA and fault trees
- Experience with tools like JAMA/JIRA/Git/Confluence
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills
- Common understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar
- Experience in designing controllers for electric vehicle systems
- Expertise in complex control strategies like Adaptive control, MRAC, Nonlinear control, Robust control, etc.
- Good understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
- Experience with CAN analysis tools like CANOe, CANalyzer, and CANape
- Experience with Embedded coder in Matlab/Simulink
- Bachelor of Science (Master of Science preferred), in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.